The mandated reporter training is met by completing the 2-hour online training provided by the Office of Child Abuse Prevention in the State Department of Social Services at this link: https://mandatedreporterca.com/
All Registered BSA Volunteer positions and Employees including camp staff must comply with AB506. In addition, other volunteers who are 18 years of age or older and who have direct contact with, or supervision of, children for more than 16 hours a month or 32 hours per year.
After completing your training, please upload the training certificate to your council using the appropriate council link below.
Need help finding your Council? CLICK HERE
AB-506 VOLUNTEER PROCESS
Volunteers and staff must be registered members of the BSA.
1. REQUIRED STATE MANDATED REPORTER TRAINING
• All Employees, Registered Adult Volunteers, and Regular Volunteer positions identified as requiring training shall complete California-mandated training (2 hours) beginning January 1, 2022. The training is available at https://mandatedreporterca.com/
Regular Volunteer means a volunteer with the BSA who is 18 years of age or older and who has direct contact with, or supervision of, children more than 16 hours per month or 32 hours per year.
NOTE: This training is in addition to BSA Youth Protection Training.
2. STATE TRAINING COMPLETED
• Upload your state Mandated Reporter Training Certificate to your Council. Click on your Council’s link below.
• Need help finding your Council? CLICK HERE
3. LIVE SCAN BACKGROUND CHECK
(COMING SOON – Your Council will announce when available)
• Fill out the Request for Live Scan Service form found on your Council’s page listed below.
• Find the Live Scan site nearest to you https://www.certifixlivescan.com/ or https://oag.ca.gov/
• Bring the complete Request for Live Scan Service form to a service provider. It is critical that you use your Council’s Live Scan form, as it includes your Council’s routing information for your background check. Instructions on how to complete this form are available on the Resources page.
• Each individual must pay a fingerprint rolling fee ($20 – $40) and FBI background check fee ($17) to the Live Scan service provider.
Thank you for completing this important process. Together, we are providing a safe Scouting program for thousands of youth across California.